- Beautiful Sterling Silver and Kingman Turquoise belt buckle
- Hallmarked RLB Husband and wife Robert and Bernice Leekya from Zuni Pueblo are known for their bold turquoise nugget jewelry and channel inlay.
- Robert (1934-) and Bernice Leekya have been making jewelry since 1953.
- Robert was taught the art of silversmithing by his father and famous fetish carver, the esteemed Leekya Deyuse (1889-1966) during the 1940s.
- Robert started working in in 1953. He has won many awards for his cluster work Robert’s mother was Juanita Cooyate.
- Bernice Leekya, born in 1920, is the daughter of Zuni artists Doris Ondelacy and Wayne Ondelacy, who taught her inlay and cluster work.
- Robert and Bernice Leekya have been making beautiful nugget watches, bolos, belt buckles and belts together since the 1960s. To view a fabulous matching bolo tie for sale on this website, please click HERE!
- To view a similar belt buckle (but half the weight and much smaller size) on this website, please click HERE!
Size of Belt Buckle
3-1/2″ wide x 2-5/8″ tall / accepts up to 1-1/2″ belt
Kingman Turquoise, Sterling Silver
Weight in Grams
|Robert and Bernice Leekya, Zuni Silversmiths|