- Early Victor Coochwytewa bracelet with lots of file marks and pre Hopi Guild membership!
- Victor Coochwytewa was one of three Native American elders chosen as Arizona Indian Living Treasures at the seventh annual AILTA award ceremony in Phoenix in September 1994.
- Victor was from Shungopavi and a member of the Water-House Clan.
- Victor was a decorated World War II Veteran (1922-2011). He began working in 1946, after returning from the war, learning his craft from Paul Saufkie and Fred Kabotie.
- Victor retired from Hopi Silversmithing in 2006 and lived with his family at Hopi.
- Victor passed away at the age of 89 on July 3, 2011.
- To learn more about Hopi jewelry and it’s history, please click HERE!
- To view more bracelets on this website, please click HERE!
Gap in bracelet
Height of bracelet
(at the front)
Weight in grams
Victor Coochwytewa, Hopi Silversmith