MAISEL’S TRADING POST Fred Harvey Turquoise and Sterling Silver Pin

$139.00

1 in stock

Description

  • Maisel’s was in the Albuquerque area. It is established by Maurice and Cyma Maisel in 1939 to cater to the new U.S. Route 66 tourist trade
  • The Pueblo Deco building is by architect John Gaw Meem.
  • The building features murals designed by Olive Rush. Various murals depicting Indian life were painted by ten Pueblo and Navajo artists such as Narcisco Abeyta, Harrison Begay, and Awa Tsireh
  • The trading post employed hundreds of native craftspeople in its heyday. It closes upon its founder’s death, only to be reopened in the 1980s by Maurice’s grandson, Skip.
  • It continued to trade as Skip Maisel’s Indian Jewelry and Crafts, until summer of 2019, when Skip Maisel retires and closes the business.
Weight
19.4 grams
Dimensions of Face
1-1/4″ tall x 1-5/8′ wide
Composition
Sterling Silver, Turquoise
Silversmith
Maisel’s Navajo (Dine’) Bench Silversmith
Hallmarks on back
Maisel’s, Katchina, Sterling