- Hopi artist, Loren Qumawunu created this beautiful pendant through the overlay technique.
- Hopi overlay is constructed from two layers of sterling silver. A design is cut out with a jeweler’s saw by hand. This top design layer is then silver soldered to another sheet, the bottom layer, of silver.
- Texturing is added to the bottom layer in all the open areas of the design using a hammer and a small punch.
- The bottom layer is then oxidized to enhance the design.
- To view more great jewelry on this website, please click HERE!
Vintage, as pictured
Length of Earrings
1″ long (1-3/4″ w/hook) x 3/8″ wide
Weight in grams
|Loren Qumawunu, Hopi Silversmith|