- Fabulous signed Matl sterling silver and mixed stone earrings.
- Mexican jeweler Matilde Poulat opened her own silver workshop in the 1930’s, producing substantial, yet intricate pieces.
- Poulat adopted the name “Matl,” (the Aztec word for “water”) for her work.
- Poulat found inspiration in the mextec gold jewelry discovered in 1932 at Monte Alban.
- Her choice of motifs the dove, flowers, and tiny bells are reminiscent of the whimsical subjects of contemporary Mexican folk art.
- To view more great Indian Jewelry on this website, please click HERE!
Vintage as pictured
Length of Earrings
Sterling Silver, Amethyst Center Stone, Turquoise Accents
Weight in grams
|Matl Matilde Poulat, Mexican Silversmith|
Matl, Mexico, 925, MS12