The Tucson Indian Center’s First Annual Southwest Indian Arts Event:
- March 19th and 20th, 2016
- Artist Jolene Bird of the Kewa (formally Santo Domingo) Pueblo, pictured below, was the recipient of the Grand Artist’s Choice Award based upon judging by fellow artists attending this event.
- The award winning piece is a stabilized California gourd which is adorned with a multitude of meticulously inlaid hand cut spiny oyster, turquoise, and jet. Jolene told us that this stunning piece took 6 months to complete.
- Christy, of Tucson Indian Jewelry, is pictured with Artist Jolene Bird
- Jolene Bird is a prestigious Kewa artist with examples of her work on display at the Smithsonian Institution.
Tucson Indian Jewelry 1990 – 2017 © Schannep Ventures L.L.C. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
397total visits,5visits today